SALARY: Based on Experience
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+
LS Black Constructors, Inc. is a growth-oriented commercial and industrial contractor serving the federal, civil-industrial, and building markets in the upper Midwest and across the country. LS Black is seeking a strategic human resources specialist to support its growing operations. The position will report directly to the CFO but will have significant interface with LS Black’s Executive Leadership Team.
LS Black exists for a reason: To build an industry leading construction company so our people can develop without limitation. Our culture is collaborative, supportive and driven for growth. The successful candidate should exhibit the following core values:
- Defy Difficulties – Meet challenges head on and find creative solutions to problems.
2. Own It – Commit to and take pride in what you own.
3. Team Mindset – We are better when we collaborate. Work hard and play hard. Maintain a YES mindset.
4. Mind the Store – Profitability equals sustainability. Profits provide security and prosperity that benefits all.
5. Deliver the News – Prompt and accurate communication is the first step toward a solution.
The primary role of the HR Manager includes the following essential skills, experience, education, and certifications:
- Minimum of eight years in Human Resources with a solid background in recruiting, talent development, EEO compliance; Affirmative Action Plan implementation; and compensation and benefits administration.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with managers and staff at all level.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience in the construction industry is strongly preferred
Key responsibilities and work areas for the position include:
- Serve as the key HR partner to the Executive Leadership Team by developing and communicating key initiatives designed to align talent with business needs.
- Candidate outreach to include both office and field specialty positions.
- Leading LS Black’s recruiting effort to identify, secure, and retain top talent in various disciplines relative to the company.
- Establishing and executing on-boarding plans for new hires, both in the office and the field.
- Driving and implementing EEO compliance.
- Implementing affirmative action plan compliance and achieving the company’s affirmative action and EEO goals.
- Developing and driving mid-level management development plans.
- Maintaining stewardship of LS Black’s culture and core values.
- Managing strategic labor relations.
- Managing LS Black’s off-boarding program.
- Managing LS Black’s quarterly and annual review processes.
Interested candidates should submit his/her resume to email@example.com. Please include references knowledgeable about the candidate’s requisite skills and experience.
LS BLACK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTINUTY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Office and Travel
- Location: St. Paul
- Limited travel to local events