START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: Based on Experience
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+
ASSIST. PROJECT MANAGER
LS Black Constructors is expanding and as a result we are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our Civil Division in the Minneapolis-St Paul area.
LS Black Constructors is a dynamic, full-service construction company headquartered in Minnesota, and serving clients nationwide. We’ve partnered with our clients for over forty years, meeting and overcoming complex challenges head on. Our stability continues to be strong thanks to our exceptional people and the core principles we’re built on. Our talented teams of managers and field staff have proven time and time again that excellence is a minimum standard in all we do. We don’t strive to simply complete your project, we are driven to exceed all expectations and be the most valuable asset possible.
A successful candidate will have a degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or equal experience working for a construction firm with applicable field experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
The Assistant Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Document control (RFIs, submittals, change orders, claims, etc.)
- Assisting and supporting project team members with daily project coordination
- Construction material procurement
- Quality control / quality assurance program management
- Subcontractor coordination
- Weekly pictures for progress reports
- Construction equipment management
- Safety administration
- Project estimating
- Previous experience in a Construction Management, Internship or Co-Op
- Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred
- Experience with construction software is preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), including strong follow-up communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time
- Ability to establish relationships
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
Office and Travel
- Location: St. Paul
- Occassional travel to out of state project sites (10%)
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website.