START DATE: ASAP
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+ AS NEEDED
Please email your resume to email@example.com
ASST. PRECONSTRUCTION MANAGER
The assistant preconstruction manager will prepare and / or coordinate the preparation of full estimates on small to large, complex projects. Working with a senior preconstruction manager and others to develop proposals, estimates, design coordination, project schedules, and details of projects for the company. They will provide complete conceptual and final estimates on all delivery methods to include on complex design-build, design-bid-build, and construction management pursuits. They will assist with administrative duties for the estimating database maintenance and technology improvements within the department. They will interact with clients, owners, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
Attend Pre-Bid Meetings as Needed
- Visit project sites prior to completing estimates to gain full understanding of existing conditions.
Subcontractor and Supplier Communications
- Solicit, qualify, and analyze pricing from subcontractors and material vendors.
- Contact subcontractors to determine pursuit status.
- Actively recruit subcontractor participatoin for various LSB proposals.
- Keep abreast of new subcontractors and material suppliers in our marketplace.
Design Analysis / Input (Plans and Specifications)
- Provide input regarding potential construction means and methods on design-build projects.
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans to prepare detailed, comprehensive, and accurate quantity take-offs.
Subcontractor and Supplier Proposal Analysis
- Follow preconstruction standard operating procedures.
- Lead / participate in subcontractor buyout process.
- Assist with administrative duties for company estimating database, inviation to bid software, subcontractor/supplier database, historical data capture.
- Remain current with technology and changes in the construction industry.
Pursuit and Business Development:
- Assist pursuit team in understanding prospective projects and requirements.
- Research prospective clients.
- Assist pursuit team in completing responses to RFQs and RFPs.
- Participate in pursuit interviews.
- Assist with and participate in preconstruction meetings.
- Assist with creating Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules for our work.
- Participate in company business development activities (client functions, design firm open houses, conferences, etc.)
- Foster relationships with clients, architects, engineers, consultants, and subcontractors
- Pursue new relationships with potential clients and design firms
- Attend and participate in project management and other company meetings
- Attend any training – personal and/or professional development – that is relevant to the position, including human resources management
- Actively participate in company-sponsored events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 1-3 years of construction and/or estimating experience
- Strong work ethic, loyal, trustworthy, honest, team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organization, and time management skills
- Must hold valid driver’s license
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Self-starter and motivated with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Degree in Construction Engineering or Construction Management
- 2-5 years of experience participating in estimating of commercial and industrial construction projects
- Demonstrated experience in driving productive relationships with project partners, subcontractors, and vendors
- Previous experience with estimating software
- The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal. Employee must be able to communicate effectively in a typical office environment with a standard level of office noise. Occasional standing, bending, walking, and lifting is also required.
Employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures. In addition, employee must be able to move around prospective or current project sites. This includes climbing ladders, walking on uneven surfaces, walking long distances, and climbing stairs.
Office and Travel:
- Role is housed at corporate office. Requires visiting prospective contract sites on a regular basis.
- Periodic overnight travel required